Snowbowl in Flagstaff

11:30:00 PM

So, I was looking at some old photos of my son when he was young and came across these of beautiful Flagstaff. We used to go to this place called Snowbowl in the winter for sledding and snowboarding but one summer we decided to lose the heat and go exploring.
Snowbowl in the summer

Ash trees
I think these are Ash trees although I'm not positive. Ash trees are very pretty especially in the fall when their leaves are yellow and orange.  Ash trees have beautiful white bark.
My son is impressed with how tall the trees have grown.
They smell amazing. If you like the smell of Christmas trees you will love the smell of a pine forest. One of my favorite experiences is walking through the forest and you can hear a small creek trickling to the side. I used to love gathering pine cones and firewood as a child. 
Sitting in the tall grass
Another thing I miss is hearing the wind blow through the grass. I miss hearing the coyotes in the distance and I miss the silence. 
One very large tree

Do you see the ski lift?



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget
Copyright © 2016 Sita Strickland