Rock Climbing at the Rock Gym

10:23:00 PM

A friend invited us to go rock climbing with her family this Sunday at the nearby Rock Gym.  I've never gone rock climbing but always thought it looked fun so I was pretty excited about this outing. My husband, son and nephew accompanied me on this adventure.

Me climbing my first slanted wall
When we got to the gym I looked around and thought yeah this will be a piece of cake can't wait to start climbing. Well, let me tell you rock climbing is much harder then it looks and you use muscles in your body you didn't even know you had. I'm pretty sure I will be super sore tomorrow. After I climbed a few walls my arm muscles literally became numb and felt super weird.
Husband coming down from his climb
My hands got all red and sore from gripping the rocks so I kept having to apply chalk to my hands which helped a lot.
Nephew climbing
Even though it was very challenging I'm super keen to go again. I think after a few times my body may adapt and I can try some of the more challenging climbs.  I did a bit of research and discovered that if you climb for an hour straight you can lose up to 500 - 700 calories. That's way more then 90 calories from cardio so that's also great motivation.


The kids had a lot of fun. When they got tired there is a small climbing wall that connects to a slide that they played on for ages. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget
Copyright © 2016 Sita Strickland